system.io file not found error RRS feed

• Question

• I have sent a client a new exe file for my winforms application but after he unzipped the file and overwrites the old exe  he gets the error system.io file no found, what causes this error? As far as I know a new exe file was the only change made to my application and no files were deleted

Thanks Jon

Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:22 PM

Answers

• Hi!

What does the new exe do? What have you modified? From the error I can tell that your app no longer finds a file it was using. In the new exe you've probably modified the path to this file to something else from the original version (the old exe).

Regards,
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi!

What does the new exe do? What have you modified? From the error I can tell that your app no longer finds a file it was using. In the new exe you've probably modified the path to this file to something else from the original version (the old exe).

Regards,
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:34 PM
  • Well thank you very much. I did a test install on a test laptop here got the same error, I accidently used a Developer Express Label (instead of a .net label) from the toolbox and didn't include the dll's for it when buildiing the setup etc...

I did have MSVS loaded on the test laptop and it showed me the file name that was missing. Smile

Thanks very much

Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:31 AM