none
Outlook addin customization problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have published my outlook addin and when I want customize my outlook addin then outlook crash.

I don't why?

Friday, April 8, 2016 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Is your add-in enabled in Outlook? What exactly do you want to achieve in Outlook?

Microsoft Office applications can disable VSTO Add-ins that behave unexpectedly. If an application does not load your VSTO Add-in, the application might have hard disabled or soft disabled your VSTO Add-in.

Hard disabling can occur when an VSTO Add-in causes the application to close unexpectedly. It might also occur on your development computer if you stop the debugger while the Startup event handler in your VSTO Add-in is executing.

Soft disabling can occur when a VSTO Add-in produces an error that does not cause the application to unexpectedly close. For example, an application might soft disable a VSTO Add-in if it throws an unhandled exception while the Startup event handler is executing.

When you re-enable a soft-disabled VSTO Add-in, the application immediately attempts to load the VSTO Add-in. If the problem that initially caused the application to soft disable the VSTO Add-in has not been fixed, the application will soft disable the VSTO Add-in again. Read more about that in the How to: Re-enable a VSTO Add-in That Has Been Disabled article.

Do you get any UI errors? See How to: Show Add-in User Interface Errors for more information.

[custom.development]

Friday, April 8, 2016 12:37 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for reply. 
    I have wrote outlook addin which works perfectly. I have groups and in that group have buttons.

When I click "Customize Ribbons" and I try to hide one of group where are buttons, i got exception message.

Friday, April 8, 2016 6:25 PM
  • Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the issue with a newly created add-in project.

Do you get any exceptions in the code? Any UI errors?

[custom.development]

Saturday, April 9, 2016 2:25 PM
  • Unfortunately not, I didn't get any UI error or in code. 
    I have installed module to machine and I got same error. 

I have dumped process...

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Count | Exception                                                     |
    | 124   | 0XE06D7363                                                    |
    | 34    | 0XC004F012                                                    |
    | 16    | 0X406D1388                                                    |
    | 10    | 0X80010108                                                    |
    | 2     | 0X80040155                                                    |
    | 2     | 0XC0000005                                                    |
    | 1     | System.Globalization.CultureInfo                              |
    | 1     | System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509ChainPolicy |
    | 1     | 0X04242420                                                    |

• Edited by EXPARA Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:32 PM
    Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:25 PM
  • Hi EXPARA,

>> When I click "Customize Ribbons" and I try to hide one of group where are buttons, i got exception message.

How did you hide one of group? Do you mean uncheck the group? If you hide other groups which are outlook built-in group, will this error happened?

How did you create the custom UI group?

>> I have installed module to machine and I got same error

What do you mean with this? Did you get any error when you develop your outlook add in or while installing outlook add in?

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 11, 2016 5:21 AM