none
Visual SVN

Question

• Hi,

I am using Visual SNN and it has not been logging who committed an update (using TortoiseSVN as client).

It tracks the Revision, Date, and Message fine. But the Author column is empty.

How do I force it to track the author?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi obrienkev,

Which version Visual SVN, TortoiseSVN and Visual Studio do you use?

I'm installing Visual SVN version 5.1.4 and TortoiseSVN version 1.9 on my Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 machine. I'm install Visual SVN and TortoiseSVN with the default settings without do any changes when installing.

When I commit my project from my Visual Studio 2015 into SVN, I could view the changes through VisualSVN -> Show Log. In my version, I don't have the History Viewer option. The author will set as current windows user even I'm not been logging into SVN.

Please check your SVN and Visual Studio version to check whether there has any difference between different version of SVN.

In addition, this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. Your issue is more related to Visual SVN, I suggest you submit your issue with SVN support from below link to get better help. Thanks for your help.

https://www.visualsvn.com/support/feedback/

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 5:28 AM
  • Hi obrienkev,

Do you have resolved your problem?

If not, please feel free to let me know what the progress for this issue.

If has resolved, please share your solution here and mark the helpful reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:11 AM