If I try to open Test Impact View Window, a message box appears "Value cannot be null, parameter name connection" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all. I am facing a weired problem and I searched in google, no solution found for this.

In my Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, if I go to Test Menu -> Windows -> Test Impact View, The test impact view does not open, rather a message box says, 'Value Cannot be null, parameter name : connection'. Can you please tell me how I can get rid of this problem ? It happens only for one of my project. My other projects does not have any problem. So, looks like, this problem is specific to the project settings of the project where I am getting this problem which can be easily fixable if I KNOW the right settings for the project.

Please help.

emran
    Monday, December 6, 2010 11:03 PM

All replies

• I got the same issue and it turned out that I had checked in testimpactdata.sdf into source tree. Hope that helps.

Frank

Regards

Frank Shweiki
    Software Engineer in Test
    Product Quality and Online

This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:18 AM
  • To make the above message a little bit clear :) Delete the testimpactdata.sdf from source tree and if you don't have the file checked in remove the read only flag from it.

Regards

Frank Shweiki
    Software Engineer in Test
    Product Quality and Online

This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:10 AM