How to run Time tracker with Active directory ? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1987530657 posted

hello guys

need some help ,just i was searching how to configer time trakcer to manage the Doman account over active directory to login using sql server ??

or 

How to run Time tracker with Active directory ?

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:19 AM

Answers

• User-1987530657 posted

well , finaly i was able to access the site using AD membership provider, but the qestion still rised , and i guss that  alot if modification has to be done to handel the user roles and to assign these users. and here is complete help about how i configured AD :

<system.web>

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name="ADAuthCookie" timeout="10" loginUrl="Login.aspx" defaultUrl="Default.aspx"></forms>

</authentication>

<authorization>

<deny users="?"/>

<allow users="*"/>

</authorization>

<membership defaultProvider="DomainLoginMembershipProvider">

<providers>

<add name="DomainLoginMembershipProvider"

type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"

attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"

enableSearchMethods="true"

connectionUsername="User@Domain.com"

connectionPassword="Password" /> </providers>

</membership>

Dont forget to add asp.net 2 login control.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:43 AM

All replies

• User1397122928 posted

Hey read through this short article about active directory membership provider:

http://blogs.msdn.com/gduthie/archive/2005/08/17/452905.aspx

There you see several entries for the web.config file. Just switch them with you <membership> section you will see. That should be enough update your web.config file of timetracker. 

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:01 AM
  • User-1987530657 posted

well i read alot about ADmembership provider , but im still confused about if that will only alow u to login into the Time tracker ? what about the user that should create projects .. added to projects ? will that maintined though code later ? or automatically by AD MSprovider ?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:25 AM
  • User-1987530657 posted

some of the post i have read :  

--------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made the same changes, but first I've created a user with "administrative power" like this: <domain>\<username>

Then I changed the "authentication mode" to windows and could enter with no problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have tested this aginst AD to logon with diffrent user account but all acccess was done with the current loged in to windows , that is not right to do with AD to make AD user AD memebership provider u have to use Form authintaction . do i seems worng plz correct me if i'm mistaken plz.?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:27 AM
  • User-1987530657 posted

well , finaly i was able to access the site using AD membership provider, but the qestion still rised , and i guss that  alot if modification has to be done to handel the user roles and to assign these users. and here is complete help about how i configured AD :

<system.web>

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name="ADAuthCookie" timeout="10" loginUrl="Login.aspx" defaultUrl="Default.aspx"></forms>

</authentication>

<authorization>

<deny users="?"/>

<allow users="*"/>

</authorization>

<membership defaultProvider="DomainLoginMembershipProvider">

<providers>

<add name="DomainLoginMembershipProvider"

type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"

attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"

enableSearchMethods="true"

connectionUsername="User@Domain.com"

connectionPassword="Password" /> </providers>

</membership>

Dont forget to add asp.net 2 login control.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:43 AM
  • User1397122928 posted

I think you are right you have to change alot. Because now the roles are different. 

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:26 AM
  • User555306248 posted

Great [Yes]

Monday, May 26, 2008 11:23 PM
  • User-1001485597 posted

is there anyone that actually get Time Tracker to work with Active directory?  can you point me to the right direction?  I'm still stuck on this issue.  Thanks

Friday, November 21, 2008 11:54 PM
  • User555306248 posted

Same here

http://forums.asp.net/t/1327037.aspx

Monday, November 24, 2008 10:24 PM
  • User555306248 posted

Any updates on this

Thursday, November 27, 2008 10:25 PM
  • User-1001485597 posted

I haven't got it to work yet.  I will let you know when I'm done.  Thanks

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:37 AM
  • User555306248 posted

Ok, thanks

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:23 PM
  • User1700441724 posted

Hi,

1.In your web.config file check for these changes

remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.;user id=sa;password=Test;database=Time"/>add name="aspnet_staterKits_TimeTracker" connectionString="Data Source=.;user id=sa;password=Test;database=Time"/><add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString=LDAP://Address/>

authorization>allow users="*"/>authorization>

authentication mode="Forms">forms name="ADAuthCookie" loginUrl="~/TimeTracker/login.aspx"/>authentication>

2. In your iis( default site ) where you hosted the site.

under Directory security click the Edit tab uncheck the Anonymous access tab

Under Authenticated Access click basic authentication tab and give the domain name

3.In the login.aspx just add the following code

FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(Convert.ToString(Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"].Split('\\')[1].ToString()), true);

Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx");

Friday, January 15, 2010 5:43 AM
  • User555306248 posted

Good One 

Monday, January 25, 2010 6:54 AM