copy paste not working in the IDE RRS feed

• Question

• Visual studio 2010 Ultimate
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
    Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel

steps

1.In any code editor window (I was doing this in a c# file)
    2.Cut a piece of line or code and line becomes empty
    3.Now delete that empty row
    4.Try to paste the copied text to anywhere else in the editor
    5.It does not paste the text which was copied.

Expected Result:
    on step 5. It should paste the copied text

Note: I have resharper 6.1 on my machine other than that nothing on my machine I would think should cause a issue with visual studio

• Edited by B_J Monday, April 9, 2012 3:31 PM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 3:28 PM

Answers

• I just attempted to reproduce your issue in VS 2010 Ultimate with NO add ons installed. The paste works perfectly every time after deleting the empty line.

Something on your system appears to be causing the problem. It's not native to VS.

Monday, April 9, 2012 10:48 PM

All replies

• I dont really know what you are looking for. Would you like to show us the code that causes issues?

Mitja

Monday, April 9, 2012 3:46 PM
  • I just attempted to reproduce your issue in VS 2010 Ultimate with NO add ons installed. The paste works perfectly every time after deleting the empty line.

Something on your system appears to be causing the problem. It's not native to VS.

Monday, April 9, 2012 10:48 PM
  • Just wanted to chime in here that Mitja is not seeing things! :) I'm suddenly having this problem too. I don't ever recall seeing it before. Closing and reopening the form seems to fix it. But it's happened a number of times. I wonder if it is related to form complexity? Memory? (I have plenty.) Who knows..... YOu can't copy/paste from context menu or with ctrl-c/v. On the context menu when you click on a control in the form to copy it, copy & paste options are inactive. Bizarre. 

I can find a bunch of complaints about this problem on the internet but haven't seen a solution. 

Personally, I'm happy to muddle through it since I'm just modifying an existing form and won't have to do much more work in this solution and it's my last active WinForm project so I won't have to maintain it for much longer. But surely it's a big problem for others.

Julie Lerman, Author of Programming Entity Framework, MVP

Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:24 PM