none
ML Studio- Workspace Not Found Error RRS feed

• Question

• Similar to the thread below, I logged into the Azure portal with my organizational account and created a new Azure ML Workspace.  Attempting to sign-in to ML Studio returns the error message:

"Workspace Not Found" with details "The user is not authorized for the workspace <guid>"

The response marked as an answer in the thread below is to sign-in to https://studio.azureml.net with the same Live ID account that created the workspace.  Attempting this, again with my organizational account, I receive an error message that the Microsoft account cannot be found.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/868be0b3-7cba-4b67-8b54-6bd121857134/user-is-not-authorized-to-access-workspace?forum=MachineLearning

Are organizational accounts not allowed?  Any insight into solving this is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Anthony Martin | www.pivotstream.com

Monday, September 22, 2014 7:22 PM

Answers

• Hey sorry Anthony, I had to verify with a more informed team member :)

So - we don't yet support Org ID, apologies. We have a work item to do that.

However, you cannot access the error page without a Live ID - do you have a separate Live ID that may have been logged in? Could you please try in incognito/Inprivate mode to verify that a separate Live ID you own caused the faulty login?

But! If my hypothesis is correct, then you already have a valid Live ID, and Azure ML is not tied to an Azure Subscription for workspace access. So, when creating the Azure ML workspace, please set the Workspace Owner to your Live ID account.

Sorry for the confusion and please don't hesitate to reply if you run into any issues - identifying these painful cases is critical for us :)

AK

• Marked as answer by Anthony Martin Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:20 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:24 PM
  • Great, glad to hear it - the Azure subscription that contains the ML workspace will be charged. Given your description above, your OrgID.

Yes, unfortunately created services cannot be easily edited at the moment. I'll let the relevant team know that making that process easier would be helpful

AK

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hey Anthony,

The Live ID associated with an Azure ML workspace is the one designated in the below field - could you please verify that this is the same Live ID that you're trying to access the workspace with?

Regards,

AK

Monday, September 22, 2014 11:59 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  I can confirm that the account listed for the workspace owner is the same account that I'm using to try and sign-in to ML Studio.  Triple checked that there isn't a typo in the account.

Anthony Martin | www.pragmaticworks.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:02 AM
  • Hey sorry Anthony, I had to verify with a more informed team member :)

So - we don't yet support Org ID, apologies. We have a work item to do that.

However, you cannot access the error page without a Live ID - do you have a separate Live ID that may have been logged in? Could you please try in incognito/Inprivate mode to verify that a separate Live ID you own caused the faulty login?

But! If my hypothesis is correct, then you already have a valid Live ID, and Azure ML is not tied to an Azure Subscription for workspace access. So, when creating the Azure ML workspace, please set the Workspace Owner to your Live ID account.

Sorry for the confusion and please don't hesitate to reply if you run into any issues - identifying these painful cases is critical for us :)

AK

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:24 PM
  • Thanks.  Logged into the portal with my Org ID and creating a workspace with the owner as my personal Live ID does allow me to sign in to ML Studio with my Live ID.

Note that I couldn't find an option to change the owner of the previously created workspace that had my Org ID as the owner.

My next question, which subscription will be responsible for any charges that are incurred (Live ID or Org ID)?

Anthony Martin | www.pragmaticworks.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:58 PM
  • Great, glad to hear it - the Azure subscription that contains the ML workspace will be charged. Given your description above, your OrgID.

Yes, unfortunately created services cannot be easily edited at the moment. I'll let the relevant team know that making that process easier would be helpful

AK

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:02 PM