none
SSL Error While Consuming WCF Rest Service From Sharepoint Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have created a wcf rest service and sharepoint application both are hosted on same production server.  The issue is when i try to consume the webservice from sharepoint it throws the ssl error saying : could not make trust relationship. I have added the certification in Sharepoint Central Admin but it's not working.

Please note the wcf rest service is simple .net service , it's not sharepoint websevice.

Thanks

Bhupinder Singh

Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using a self signed key? The client does not trust this key, nor does the key itself provide a chain to validate or a certificate revocation list.

Please try to check the following options:

1.turn off certificate validation on the client (bad move, man in the middle attacks abound)

2.use makecert to create a root CA and create certificates from that (ok move, but there is still no CRL)

3.create an internal root CA using Windows Certificate Server or other PKI solution then trust that root cert (a bit of a pain to manage)

4.purchase an SSL certificate from one of the trusted CAs (expensive)

For more information,please try to refer to this article:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/anavijai/could-not-establish-trust-relationship-for-the-ssltls-secure-channel/

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:51 AM
  • Hi Amy,

Is the url that you refer is explaining about the development certificate ? Can i do the same thing in production as our production server is already using the real certificate ?

Thanks

Bhupinder Singh

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Friday, November 29, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi 

I have gone through this article and understand it clearly but my question is can i do the same in production environment as our production server is already using https certificate ? But, i got an error while consuming the service from sharepoint server ?

Bhupinder Singh

Friday, November 29, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Yes, you can.

If you meet any error, please dubug it. Or put here

Friday, December 6, 2013 11:36 AM