none
Internet not working, LAN is working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a LAN connection through my apartment community. It's great that the internet service is included but the thing that sucks is it doesn't work! I was given a list of IP addresses a Subnet Mask and a DNS server number. I loaded that all into to the TCP/IP section under network connection. Now it says that i'm connected and it's moving at 10.0 mps or mbs (can't remember). But when i try to connect to the actually internet using Internet Explorer, it doesn't work. Any suggestions? I've searched high and low and have found no help. I tried a Winstock fix and it doesn't help either. I also did a full system recovery, thinking that i may have gotten a spyware, or adware problem, but it still does not work. The weird thing is when I open the Internet Explorer now, the entire header panel is blacked out instead of being gray as it normally is. When i try to set up the internet under Explorer using Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Set up Internet, it still doesn't work. Can someone please help.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. From your problem description I come to the conclusion that if you have given correct IP address , subnet mask ,and DNS entries in your Local area connection.first check with the ISP , then scan your PC with good antivirus and mostly problem may be with Internet explorer, Please try after reinstalling IE.
    Sudarshan shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:25 AM