SoapUi - IIS Express - VS2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User-665281982 posted

How I can test a WCF Service through SOAP UI using Visual Studio 2012, IIS Express? I get the WSDL in SoapUI, but when running, error happens. This for all operations.

Monday, March 31, 2014 9:27 AM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

Hi atiliosud,

Thanks for your back.

Sorry to say that SOAP UI cannot work like visual studio. It just a monitoring tool like the Fiddler.

It sends request message and get response message only when the wcf service been host.

And it cannot debug the wcf code when code executing.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:50 PM

All replies

• User-417640953 posted

Hi atiliosud,

Thanks for your post.

Based on your description, I see you want to test your wcf service using soapui.

SOAP UI is an excellent tool to test the web services. Though there are many tools available in the market to test the web service.

There are many articles introduce how to use the SOAP UI tool to test wcf service like below.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/249303/Testing-and-Monitoring-WCF-Service-using-soapUI-an

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/407880/SOAP-UI-Part-Introduction

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

Monday, March 31, 2014 10:30 PM
  • User-665281982 posted

How can I make the "Atach" of a WCF Service, and to run the request by SOAP UI for this service, to be called the Visual Studio Debug to start?

I want to use Soap Ui to start the Debug my services made ​​in visual Studio. In VS 2012 to use IIS express is different?

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:47 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

Hi atiliosud,

Thanks for your back.

Sorry to say that SOAP UI cannot work like visual studio. It just a monitoring tool like the Fiddler.

It sends request message and get response message only when the wcf service been host.

And it cannot debug the wcf code when code executing.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:50 PM
  • User-665281982 posted

One friend said to me that can attach the service on visual studio.. When I call the service by soap ui, visual studio will be called on the breakpoint ...

It's true ? thanks

Friday, April 4, 2014 1:30 PM
  • User-417640953 posted

Hi atiliosud,

One friend said to me that can attach the service on visual studio.. When I call the service by soap ui, visual studio will be called on the breakpoint

That needs the wcf service host on the Studio Visual IIS Express.

For this issue, I think you can test it easily by yourself.

Thanks.

Regards!

Monday, April 7, 2014 6:42 AM