none
FBWF API on WES7 RRS feed

• Question

• hey,

i try to port an application that is running on XPe and uses the FBWF-API  to  a WES7 System also with FBWF installed.

The command line functionality of the FBWF on WES7 is running ok. So the installation on WES7 seems to be ok.

But when running the app, it crashes when calling the commit function.

Do I need to  adapt the FBWF-API Integration ?

The fbwflib.dll seems to be definitively different. In the app I open it by loadLibrary. So it is dynamically linked.

Might there be a problem of 64bit / 32bit; as the app that is calling is a 32bit app.

I tried to check if the fbwfapi.h is different. But I can`t find it anywhere.

Does someone know where to get the fbwfapi.h for the WES7 integration?

thanks

Peter

Monday, January 29, 2018 11:19 AM

All replies

• i got it.

The fbwfapi.h and .lib are part of the toolkit, delivered with the WES7 DVDs.

And the functions I use seem to be marked deprecated now but should still run.

So as I load the dll dynamically I can use the WES7 fbwflib.dll and keep my code, that's it.

Do I forget something ?

But I digged a bit deeper and found that the call to fbwffindfirst() that I use before commiting the file is the call that ends up not successfully.

No idea why. I am running the app as admin.

When using the command line, the commit runs well. Does it also use the fbwffindfirst() ?

Peter

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:50 PM
  • I always rebuilt my FBWF applications with the latest API. Don't remember running fbwffindfirst(). Commits with FBWF are for individual files / folders.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, January 29, 2018 5:04 PM
  • hi Sean,

what do you mean by "don't remember running fbwffindfirst" ? (sorry, I am not a native speaker)

Should I skip that function or do I have to make sure to use it.

What I am doing is to check if the file I am going to save is in the fbwf Cache.

So I scan this by calling findfirst and findnext.

If the file is in the fbwf cache I am calling commitfile.

Is that much too much?

Can I skip the check and call directly commitfile if it is in the cache or not ?

But anywhy, what reason can  crash the findfirst function ?

In another thread I red something about the user rights that have to be admin rights.

That should be ok in my tests.

Or should I use fbwfFindFirstEx() instead of fbwfFindFirst() ? Might that behave better ? I'll give it a try.

Peter

• Edited by peter_gr Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:12 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:25 AM
  • All I have ever done is the file commit. I never used fbwfFindFirstEx() or fbwfFindFirst(), but programmatically it makes sense to use them as a check. If the file is not in the cache the call to commit will fail.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 12:20 AM