none
Trying to create a proxy to an unbound type RRS feed

• Question

• hello

i started to build remote client/server but i'm getting this error every time i'm trying to connect to the server

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: 'Trying to create a proxy to an unbound type.'

and about my code

here it is:

URI = "TCP://" + TextBox1.Text + ":6600/mycaptureViewerService"
            chan = New TcpChannel()
            ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(chan)
            obj = DirectCast(Activator.GetObject(GetType(ViewerService.ViewerService), URI), ViewerService.ViewerService)

connected = True
                Timer1.Enabled = True

the timer include the same code

Sunday, June 24, 2018 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi el3ashe2,

According to your error and code, I guess that you may have this error message in this line:

obj = DirectCast(Activator.GetObject(GetType(ViewerService.ViewerService), URI), ViewerService.ViewerService)

I find one msdn article about creating client access to remote server by using Visual C#, you can take a look:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/307739/how-to-create-client-access-to-remote-server-by-using-visual-c

Dim chan As New TcpChannel()
            ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(chan)
            Dim obj As myRemoteClass = CType(Activator.GetObject(GetType(myRemoteClass), "tcp://localhost:8085/RemoteTest"), myRemoteClass)

If obj Is Nothing Then
                System.Console.WriteLine("Could not locate server")
            ElseIf obj.SetString("Sending String to Server") Then
                System.Console.WriteLine("Success: Check the other console to verify.")
            Else
                System.Console.WriteLine("Sending the test string has failed.")
            End If

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Stanly Fan Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:38 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:33 AM