Authentication in asp.net core 3 RRS feed

• Question

• User-81839486 posted

I read about authentication, logging and identity in Asp.net core 2.0 in action by Andrew Lock Manning about asp.net core 2.0 and creating template with single users accounts created template where everything was very explicit like AccountController.cs or services like IEmailSender . I would like to ask if this asp.net core 2.0 knowledge is still applicable in asp.net core 3. Can I find AccountController.cs somewhere? Also how can I change views for login and registration? Do they have controllers and action methods wchich I can change? Do you know some tutorials that write about this login template and how to configure it? thanks in advance.

Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:25 PM

Answers

• User711641945 posted

Hi karol,

> I would like to ask if this asp.net core 2.0 knowledge is still applicable in asp.net core 3.

For asp.net core 3,Identity designed as razor pages.But the feature in Identity seems to be similar.

>Can I find AccountController.cs somewhere? Also how can I change views for login and registration?

You could scaffold Identity into your project and change the razor pages by yourself.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/authentication/scaffold-identity?view=aspnetcore-3.1&tabs=visual-studio

>Do they have controllers and action methods wchich I can change? Do you know some tutorials that write about this login template and how to configure it?

After scaffolding the Identity,you could modify the UI and backend by yourself.

Best Regards,

Rena

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2020 6:45 AM

All replies

• User-2054057000 posted

You can learn ASP.NET Core 3.1 Identity in full details by from 

How to Setup and Configure ASP.NET Core Identity

Friday, August 7, 2020 6:02 AM
  • User711641945 posted

Hi karol,

> I would like to ask if this asp.net core 2.0 knowledge is still applicable in asp.net core 3.

For asp.net core 3,Identity designed as razor pages.But the feature in Identity seems to be similar.

>Can I find AccountController.cs somewhere? Also how can I change views for login and registration?

You could scaffold Identity into your project and change the razor pages by yourself.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/authentication/scaffold-identity?view=aspnetcore-3.1&tabs=visual-studio

>Do they have controllers and action methods wchich I can change? Do you know some tutorials that write about this login template and how to configure it?

After scaffolding the Identity,you could modify the UI and backend by yourself.

Best Regards,

Rena

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2020 6:45 AM