none
How to keep temporary files created while using MiniFuzz RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to test anti-virus program to see if the realtime malware scan diagnose correctory against fuzzed files.
    I am going to use the MiniFuzz to create tons of malformed files for various file formats.
    However it is not possible to keep all created files becasue MiniFuzz delete them automatically and I can't reproduce an issue even if the scan misdiagnose the files.

Please let me know the way to keep all fuzzed files.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:35 AM

All replies

• I don't think MiniFuzz is the best tool for the test that you're trying to perform.

Minifuzz was developed as a tool to detect security flaws from the application's code to see if it exposes vulnerabilities while handling files. It wasn't designed for the purposes of testing anti-viruses or malwares which is why retaining fuzzed files wasn't considered though technically it "might" fit to your testing requirement.

But if you still insist, you can try to do the following:

• increase the Aggressiveness setting so you'll get more incoming file to fuzz at any given time
    • though not recommended, select the Terminate Process Shutdown method so that resources don't get freed up immediately
    • increase the Shutdown delay to your preference

Take note, MiniFuzz will attempt to delete any files remaining in the temporary folder when MiniFuzz exits so there's a good chance that while the Minifuzz is active, there will still be files in the temp directory (specially if your Aggressiveness setting is high) even if MiniFuzz deletes them in the background.

Friday, January 8, 2016 11:18 PM