Combine VSPackage and Add-in into a single VSPackage? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple VSPackage that I created from a Microsoft sample that was named something like "Tools Options Page (VisualBasic)". I also have an add-in that uses some of the properties I added to my custom option pages.

I would like to combine these into one VSPackage, so I can install from one vsix file.

I can think of a few approaches:

1. Create a new VSPackage from a template and select features for commands and custom option pages (if possible). Integrate my custom option pages from my existing VSPackage, and integrate/adapt the commands from my add-in.

2. Create a new VSPackage from a template for commands, integrate/adapt the commands from my add-in, and then merge (if possible) this VSPackage project with my existing VSPackage project for option pages.

Because I don't have much experience with VSPackages, I don't know the best approach, and there may be better techniques.

(My add-in has about 20 commands and my VSPackage has about 3 options pages. They were created using Visual Studio 2010. I have licenses for 2010, 2012, and 2013.)

What would you recommend for combining the VSPackage and add-in into a single VSPackage?

Regards,

Frank

Frank

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:13 PM

Answers