Microsoft i love you forever, for PascalCase. RRS feed

• General discussion

• The day when i quit programming - its when Microsoft will make camelCase in C# as standard for public methods/vars, instead of PascalCase.

And BTW: CamelCasing comes primarily from C++ STD library style, the native old language inherited from C. So Java inherited from C++. But C# - is entirely new language - clean and beauty, with new rules. Oldfags must programm on Java or C++, new generation people must programm on C# - and they should never interact.

Consider this examples:

1) PascalCase: list.Capacity.ToString();

2) camelCase: list.capacity.toString();

In (1) we have CAMEL CASE in long TERM!!! means listCapacityToString. (much more readable for me)

In (2) we have bullshit: listcapacitytoString. (unreadable for me and also unlogical)

Or consider this:

3) itemsCount = items.Count;

4) itemsCount = items.count;

All my senses prefer (3) option instead of (4).

(this examples is only beginning)

Thats how i read. And why camelCase for public methods/vars is illogical for itselt, especially with combination of local (or even private) camelCase variables.

For me Microsoft - forever or until they use PascalCase. THANK YOU VERY MUCH THIS MEANS A LOT FOR ME. Please don't change your direction only because of majority of kids, who used to code Java, JavaScript or other old trash languages like PHP.

• Edited by NewbTom Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:15 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:05 AM

All replies

• Me, too.

Ghost,
    Call me ghost for short, Thanks
    To get the better answer, it should be a better question.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Hi NewbTom,

I would like to say that perfection does not comes at once. Initially we do errors and learn from them. C# came much later than C, C++ or Java. So, obviously developers of C# language were well known of the drawbacks of all those pervious language and what they lack.

It does not mean that C# all at a sudden came from heaven with all power and features that are not available in any other languages. According to me, C# came after learning from C, C++ and Java with feedback from developer community all over the world.

One good question is equivalent to ten best answers.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:22 AM