GridView's Item tap not funcitoning inside Semantic Zoom

Question

• I am trying to update a semantic zoom zoomed in view from the zoomed out view. The zoomed out view is a Gridview with IsItemClickEnabled set to true and IsTapEnabled set to true. I also tried setting an ItemClicked event. However, none of these approaches actually fire / pick up on the item being tapped. The SV goes to zoomed in view. If I right click / swipe on the zoomed out view's Gridview to select an item, then tap, my data bindings update appropriately.

What is the best way to go about picking up an item click or tap of a GridViewItem in a Gridview in a SZ control's zoomed out view? (that's a mouth full)

<SemanticZoom.ZoomedOutView >
                    <GridView Margin="100 0" ItemsSource="{Binding ReviewItemCollection}"
                              SelectedItem="{Binding CurrentItem, Mode=TwoWay}" 
                              ItemTemplate="{StaticResource ZoomedOutTemplate}" ItemClick="GridView_ItemClick" IsItemClickEnabled="True" >
                    </GridView>
                </SemanticZoom.ZoomedOutView>
    <!--ItemClick and its enabled property don't have any effect-->

Michael DiLeo

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:24 AM

Answers

• Managed to essentially hack it by putting an Item tap event on the gridview's items and update the ViewModel that way. Whatever, it works.

Michael DiLeo

• Marked as answer by mcd023 Monday, September 22, 2014 8:30 PM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:30 PM

All replies