CBA Documents I want to open in another window! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a very simple problem.

In my CBA App i have a Tab where I have some Documents from SharePoint. Everything works fine.

When I want top open one of this document it opens in the same page and when i want to go back hitting the browser back button it reloads the app.

Is there a way I can open the doc targetting another windows?

Thank you so much

• Edited by silva71 Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:13 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:12 AM

Answers

• According to the link you provide, we can find that when you click the Add button, it will pop up a list of items to let us choose document type. Please try find the container of the pop up items with F12 Developer tools.

Then add a listener in for the Add button's click event and in the listener event, we can find this control and the change the operations when click the item.

Since I don't have a sharepoint app to test my idea, I just can share my ideas for your.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei CaiModerator Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:15 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi silva71,

Please use window.open() method to open a new browser windows in LightSwitch HTML application. The detailed usage, please refer to following thread. Hope it can help you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/d1a546aa-b7c7-4985-b862-27306d507801/open-a-new-browser-window-in-lightswitch?forum=lightswitch

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hi Weivei,

thank you so much.

Unfortunately i don't have much control here since this is as you know a prebuilt feature of CBA.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/officeapps/2014/03/18/integrating-documents-into-cloud-business-apps/

Any ideas?

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:24 AM
  • Hi Weivei,

any news on this?

--silvano

Friday, April 15, 2016 9:35 AM
  • According to the link you provide, we can find that when you click the Add button, it will pop up a list of items to let us choose document type. Please try find the container of the pop up items with F12 Developer tools.

Then add a listener in for the Add button's click event and in the listener event, we can find this control and the change the operations when click the item.

Since I don't have a sharepoint app to test my idea, I just can share my ideas for your.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei CaiModerator Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:15 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Hello Arnold,

thank you for the hint, ill try this out.

--silvano

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:27 AM
  • Do you have tried that?

What's the result?

Friday, April 22, 2016 8:20 AM