Ratings not an option on my App?

Question

• I'm confused about the ratings functionality, windows store app (for 8.1 and RT). I read that as a developer I did not have to add code (unless I wanted to force a request, etc for ratings). Now I don't a place in which a user can rate my app?

Was I suppose to have a certain piece of functionality in it? A settings pane or something?

It passed certification and is in the store. 'Juke Music File Jockey'.

Can anyone other solution or suggestions? I install my app on another machine via the store and see no rating/review options.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 6:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Chrislynn,

>>Now I don't a place in which a user can rate my app? Was I suppose to have a certain piece of functionality in it? A settings pane or something?

Actually, you don't have to do anything for that, this rating link is automatically added to the Settings Panel, once your app is in the Store.

Generally, we'd better not to force users to rate our app, if really want to make a control to navigate to the rating page, please refer to this thread for details: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/36255a91-cc55-4234-841b-1956f0a01438/i-want-to-a-rating-and-review-button-in-my-windows-8-app?forum=winappswithcsharp

The related reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh974767.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:30 AM
  • where is the "settings panel"? Can you provide a screen shot? Thanx.
    Thursday, March 05, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Hi chrislynn,

>>where is the "settings panel"? Can you provide a screen shot?

Open a Store app -> Open Charm Bar on the right side -> Settings -> You will see "Rate and Review":

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 06, 2015 2:06 AM
  • I see only permissions options? It has the title of my app, by information, and permissions.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:08 PM
  • A few things you could check:

Does your app target Windows 8.1 (not Windows 8)?

Did you build the app in Release mode (not Debug)?

Are you 100% sure you're not running a copy of the app deployed straight to your device instead of the one from the store?

Have you tried installing the app on another device and/or under another account?

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, March 13, 2015 6:40 AM
  • Thanx for the reply.

I'm hoping a MS representive adds to this conversation and possibly check the release that they put out.

It's 8.1, release mode, and installed on a device not associated with development. So that's why I'm confused as to why no one can rate/review my app. I know MS adds ratings and reviews to the process but I have no idea how to check that.

I can revert my app to free for a brief time if someone wants to install it. Volunteers???

I was really looking for input from all the people that installed it.

• Edited by chrislynn Friday, March 13, 2015 2:29 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 2:28 PM
  • Thanx for the reply.

I'm hoping a MS representive adds to this conversation and possibly check the release that they put out.

It's 8.1, release mode, and installed on a device not associated with development. So that's why I'm confused as to why no one can rate/review my app. I know MS adds ratings and reviews to the process but I have no idea how to check that.

I can revert my app to free for a brief time if someone wants to install it. Volunteers???

I was really looking for input from all the people that installed it.

What's your app name?

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, March 16, 2015 12:23 PM
  • Juke Music File Jockey. by Bald Squirrel Studios. I'll move to promo free this morning.

Moved to free promo but won't start until tomorrow at 11AM EST (3/17/15).

• Edited by chrislynn Monday, March 16, 2015 2:02 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 1:55 PM
  • My app is out there and free now.

Anybody have an idea why Ratings and Reviews do not show in my settings pane?

Click here to go to the Microsoft store area for my app:

Juke app

• Edited by chrislynn Monday, March 23, 2015 2:27 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 2:26 PM
  • It's been free for a while, can you see the ratings and review are missing? Thank you.
    Friday, March 27, 2015 2:51 PM
  • Anyone at MS that can assist would be nice.
    Thursday, April 02, 2015 9:27 PM
  • I have yet to have someone at MS tell me why my app can't be rated or reviewed?

How is this supporting your developer's?

Sunday, April 19, 2015 6:24 PM
  • This forum is community support. If you need one-to-one from Microsoft then please open a case at http://aka.ms/storesupport . You should also unmark answers if you need more help with the same question: people generally don't look to provide more help on answered posts. 

That said, the marked answers are correct, and I installed your app and the rate and review tab was there and active. I suspect you're looking at a debug version on your system rather than a version installed from the store.

The app itself needs some work to support resizing the window. As is, the columns overlap instead of scaling or reconfiguring properly:

Sunday, April 19, 2015 9:25 PM
    Owner