none
Is there even a way to find why message signature verification fails? Why is SAMLMessageSignature not in reference source? RRS feed

• Question

• First, I have had a bear of a time getting the reference source set up on my machine so that I can step through it. See my comment: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2014/02/24/a-new-look-for-net-reference-source/#comment-278225

No progress happened there (and from referencesource.microsoft.com, it seems my desired function isn't included anyway), so when I was trying to figure out why the SAMLMessageSignature.Verify function would sometimes return false, and sometimes throw an exception, I was left to blind Googling. The closest I got to source code is that in this StackOverflow it looks like someone either wrote their own version of the code or somehow got ahold of the Microsoft code: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3935600/signedxml-checksignature-returns-false. But of course, that doesn't allow me to step down into where the exception is actually being thrown.

The exception I'm getting has type System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException and message "An XmlDocument context is required for enveloped transforms."

Basically the most important takeaway I want out of this is I want to be able to tell the person who generated this XML document what exactly is wrong with it, and hopefully how they can change their PHP code to fix it.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan Harvey 2,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, could you provide more information?

What is the library of the SAMLMessageSignature.Verity? 

Could provide some code sample for us to repeat the error?

We are waiting for your update.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 7:15 AM