none
Office Professional Retail absent in downloads RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a VM to test a current configuration in our field, that requires Office Professional 2010 (retail).  Unfortunately, I only see Office Professional Plus available via MSDN.  Currently my main focus of testing is with regards to testing the Outlook and Word functionality which has an interface and add-in to another application.   By using Office Professional Plus 2010, am I compromising my 'real-life' test scenario/condition?
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:45 PM Office Dev question (From:MSDN Subscriptions Feedback)
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Footer15,

Thank you for posting.

As far as I know, Office Professional retail version has shold have the same features with Office Professional Plus. So, you can use the Office Professinal Plus to test the scenario.

The difference about them is that, if you download the Office Professional Plus, you need the license about it, and the retail version is DVD we need to buy.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:40 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:59 AM
  • One important point to note about Professional Plus in comparison to the other version(s) is that Office Professional Plus is not recognized by VSTO for designing Office customizations. If your scenario involves VSTO in any way, then you could run into issues.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Monday, September 12, 2011 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Footer15,

Thank you for posting.

As far as I know, Office Professional retail version has shold have the same features with Office Professional Plus. So, you can use the Office Professinal Plus to test the scenario.

The difference about them is that, if you download the Office Professional Plus, you need the license about it, and the retail version is DVD we need to buy.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:59 AM
  • One important point to note about Professional Plus in comparison to the other version(s) is that Office Professional Plus is not recognized by VSTO for designing Office customizations. If your scenario involves VSTO in any way, then you could run into issues.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Monday, September 12, 2011 7:41 AM