none
Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service - Method Not Found

Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to run an orchestration and getting the following exception:

The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated. 
    If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.
    InstanceId: 
    Shape name: 
    ShapeId: 
    Exception thrown from: segment 1, progress 13
    Inner exception: Method not found: 'System.String ABC.Biztalk.Template.HelperLibrary.HelperLibrary.GetLocalName(System.Xml.XmlDocument ByRef)'.

Exception type: MissingMethodException
    Source: ABC.BizTalk.Template
    Target Site: Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions segment1(Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions)
    The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at ABC.BizTalk.Template.Custom.Functio

But the "Catch" is when i checked in my helper project this method is present in that project.
    I even checked in the Biztalk orchestration and the intelligence was able to detect that method so its clear that method is there but i am not able to get it why it is throwing this exception. 

Thanxs

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:41 AM

Answers

• HI Rachit

I tried as per your guidance but its not working..

Hmm.. But I still strongly believe that this is deployment issue.

Ensure you have build the helper component with Platform target: Any CPU. 

Please do clean installation once again ie. remove application from admin console, uninstall the application from Control panel and delete all the helper Dlls used by your application from the GAC and then do a fresh deployment.

Also if it multi-server environment you need to install the application on all the servers and explicitly GAC the helper classes.

If it still doesn't work, get me the complete error stack from the event viewer.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:38 AM
  • If you are referring that method from helper component then check whether u have that in GAC. Better re-build project + GAC helper class dll once again, restart host instance it should work.
    Monday, December 5, 2016 1:14 PM

All replies

• I guess your orchestration isn't picking up the changes in the assembly at design time. Try cleaning and rebuilding your helper project, then your orchestration project. It could probably be a parameter type mismatch or a spelling error or something tiny.

I would advice you to build and deploy the both BizTalk project and the helper project again.

Don't forget to restart the host instances post deployment.

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hi

Did you restart the Host Instance(s) after the deployment of the ABC.Biztalk.Template.HelperLibrary assembly?

Thanks Arindam

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Hi Arindam

Yeah already done that 
    Monday, December 5, 2016 7:04 AM
  • HI Rachit

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:24 AM
  • HI Rachit

Hmm.. But I still strongly believe that this is deployment issue.

Ensure you have build the helper component with Platform target: Any CPU. 

Please do clean installation once again ie. remove application from admin console, uninstall the application from Control panel and delete all the helper Dlls used by your application from the GAC and then do a fresh deployment.

Also if it multi-server environment you need to install the application on all the servers and explicitly GAC the helper classes.

If it still doesn't work, get me the complete error stack from the event viewer.

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:38 AM
  • Hi Rachit

Please check the error log

xlang/s engine event log entry: Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service 'ABC.BizTalk.Template.Custom.Functions.CRMGenericTest(d9af6ce2-e747-c225-e9b6-ce46e3726e9e)'.
    The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated. 
    If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.
    InstanceId: 
    Shape name: CRM_Create
    ShapeId: 
    Exception thrown from: segment 1, progress 13
    Inner exception: Method not found: 'System.String ABC.Biztalk.Template.HelperLibrary.HelperLibrary.GetLocalName(System.Xml.XmlDocument ByRef)'.

Exception type: MissingMethodException
    Source: ABC.BizTalk.Template
    Target Site: Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions segment1(Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions)
    The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at ABC.BizTalk.Template.Custom.Functions.MSCRMCreate.segment1(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)
    Monday, December 5, 2016 8:57 AM
  • If you are referring that method from helper component then check whether u have that in GAC. Better re-build project + GAC helper class dll once again, restart host instance it should work.
    Monday, December 5, 2016 1:14 PM