Slow localhost Java Web Environment IIS 7.5 Tomcat-Apache 6.0.18 WIN 7 64-bit RRS feed

• Question

• User-1835704830 posted

Hello All,

I have 6 newer imaged machines in a web dev group that have slow localhost issues, home pages take a minute or more to load in some cases. I have spent a lot of time researching and I think I have the issue narrowed down to the isapi_redirect.dll. The group uses the 1.2.31 version of the dll and on the 6 newer machines that dll has the slow local host issues. I switched the slow machines to the 1.2.26 version of the dll and they work just as fast now as the good machines. The issue is I don't know why this is. Appart form slight hardware differences, everyone in the group uses the same software and version level.

Using Fiddler 2 all I can see is the delay in the majority of processes using the 1.2.31 version is between ServerGotRequest and ServerBeginResponse.

Any ideas on where to look or tools to diagnose this issue to get a definitive answer?

Thanks

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:47 AM

Answers

• User690216013 posted

The evil isapi_redirect.dll is a component of the dearest Apache Tomcat Connector. Due to its famous performance and quality, I wrote an article a long time ago while I was at Microsoft,

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lexli/archive/2009/10/29/astonishing-tomcat-connector-status.aspx

I know that things have changed in the past few years, but I have to remind you that this is a third party component that can give you nightmares, and Microsoft never supports such stuffs.

Either you challenge the developers of the components (at Apache) or you switch to a Microsoft solution. I don't think it is worth your efforts unless you really want to contribute a lot to Apache (which is of course welcome by the open source community).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:50 PM