none
64-bit Windows 2003 with .Net and transaction (MSDTC) to Informix Database RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Everybody,

First I would like to mark our application work correctly with 32-bit windows (and drivers).

We would like to migrate our system to the 64-bits machine, We installed 64-bit Windows 2003 with SP2,

I was installed IBM Connect 3.50.FC1 Informix drivers, too. Our application use MSDTC to manage transactions.

First I Receive errror "Unable to find an entry point named 'InterlockedIncrement' in DLL 'kernel32.dll'"

This problem was solved after a some time and set the PATH environment variable to include the path to IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll.

Now the to the Informix database without transaction context works correctlly.

But when we try connect to the Informix database with transaction context, connection failed everytime.

Informix provider return "General error" exception.

Does enybody know what can be wrong? or .Net IBM drivers supports transaction with MSDTC on the 64-bits machine?

regards

bociek

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• If everything works fine in 32-bit environment, I believe you need to check with the vendor if .NET provider supports MSDTC on the 64-bit environment.

Monday, December 1, 2008 11:30 AM
  • The problem exists inside setup application of the Informix Drivers (SDK). There are missing registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\XADLL]

"iclit09b.dll"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IBM\\Informix\\Client-SDK\\bin\\iclit09b.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\XADLL]

"IfmxConn.dll"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IBM\\Informix\\Client-SDK\\bin\\IfmxConn.dll"

regards

bociek

Monday, December 8, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Hi,
    we had exactly the same problem, but we could not solve it by adding the path of the IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll into the path envoirement.

Does anybody have any other idea how to solve this, or should we just install wen server 2008 x86 ;-)

Best,
    Mathias
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:45 PM
  • I would talk to Informix, they should have all the information needed to configure their driver for x86/amd64 etc...
    Monday, May 4, 2009 2:17 AM