none
Data Migration from Azure SQL Databases to Dynamics 365 for Marketing using Azure Data Factory

Question

• Hi,

I want to migrate data from Azure SQL Database(around 100 databases) to Dynamics 365 for marketing using Azure Data Factory. As I am new to Azure, I have several questions regarding this.

1. Is this possible to copy from such large number of databases to Dynamics 365 for Marketing?

2. I have several tables and long list of columns from databases, but I want to move only some data to Dynamics 365. Is it possible to create related records in CRM and assign them to the primary entity using Azure Data Factory?

3. Can anyone explain me what needs to be done in order to achieve this?

Thank You.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Kiran,

1. Is this possible to copy from such large number of databases to Dynamics 365 for Marketing?

Yes, given these 100 database, you need to parameterize "database" in Azure Sql linkedservice, and pass database name to parameter "database" during execution time.

2. I have several tables and long list of columns from databases, but I want to move only some data to Dynamics 365.

To copy some of the data in azure sql table to dynamics 365, using the stored procedure to read data from the source table should be an option. 

3. Is it possible to create related records in CRM and assign them to the primary entity using Azure Data Factory?

Yes, as long as you set "entityName" of the Dynamics 365 dataset as the primary entity name, then set a proper column mapping from source sql table column to dynamics 365 entity attribute, the records would be automatically created in the entity, that's exactly what copy activity does.

Note that the column mapping defines how the source data is applied into entity, if you don't explicitly specify the mapping, ADF will do a default mapping by column name and throws an error if the default mapping fails. Thanks.

Friday, November 2, 2018 9:00 AM