Samsung Keyboard not connecting (post-conference) RRS feed

• Question

• I wasn't able to get to the booth.  The keyboard turns on, begins flashing twice, pause, ... as per the directions, but after selecting the bluetooth item in the tray, "searching for devices" just keeps going without discovery.  Any help would be appreciated.

Great to see C/C++ being recognized as the MS flagship language! Go Mr. Sutter!

Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:25 PM

Answers

• ccplusplus,

Sorry to hear about your keyboard not working, has there been any change with that?  If not then please try the below directions to try and remedy your problem:

Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds  and this will place the keyboard into pairing mode. The blue light will begin flashing repeatedly when the keyboard is in pairing mode. Use the Windows “Add a device” wizard from the BT icon in the system tray to add the device.

Please reply back and let me know the results

Chris
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:20 PM

All replies

• ccplusplus,

Sorry to hear about your keyboard not working, has there been any change with that?  If not then please try the below directions to try and remedy your problem:

Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds  and this will place the keyboard into pairing mode. The blue light will begin flashing repeatedly when the keyboard is in pairing mode. Use the Windows “Add a device” wizard from the BT icon in the system tray to add the device.

Please reply back and let me know the results

Chris
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Hi ccplusplus

Can you put fresh batteries in the keyboard and try pairing again?  We have had some instances where the provided batteries were less than fresh.  Reply with the results.

Regards,

Gary

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:22 PM
    Answerer
  • I had exactly the same problem. I logged-off, restarted, then pressed and held the button down for about 7 or 8 seconds, then it started working.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Repeatedly or twice-then-pause? Because mine does the latter... and it worked perfectly for the iPad.

Yes... I can use the keyboard perfectly with the iPad (paired at first attempt) but I can't get it to work with the Win8 tablet - although they came out of the same box!

Please help!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:35 AM
  • Stivz,

Are you getting "That passcode isn't right" message or different error message when you try to pair they keyboard.

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:29 PM
    Answerer