none
VB Compatibility issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a lap with windows 10 pro.For some programming I tried to install VB.net 2010 ultimate ENU.But after installing At the end there is an error message arising.as is says VSPerf profiling control driver can not install.Please help on this.m at a critical situation
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi PrabhathNK,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Where did you download the VB.NET 2010 ultimate version?

Please check this blog The Visual Studio Profiler on Windows 8

If you want to use the VSPerf Profiling Control Driver available in Microsoft Visual Studio in Microsoft Windows 8, you need a much higher version of Microsoft Visual Studio like Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later version to make it more compatible, I suppose the same to Windows 10.

BTW, why did you not consider the latest VS version like 2019 or newer version like 2013/2015/2017 to install on your Windows 10 computer? Those VS version can works better on the latest OS version Windows 10.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi PrabhathNK,

Do you have any updates? If this issue persists, please feel free to let us know.

If your issue is solved and we are also welcome you share the solution in here, that will help other community members, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 3:04 AM