none
update query returns blank dates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a query using dates from another query.

Running as a query returns the dates properly but after converting the query into an update query the dates appear in blank.

Checked fields format and both are General date format

Sunday, June 19, 2016 9:19 AM

All replies

• Open the working query, switch to SQL view. Compare to the corresponding SQL view in the non-working query and you might get a hint how to correct.

Best regards, George

Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:12 PM
  • Are you actually executing the UPDATE query or merely opening it as a datasheet.  If the latter, and the rows being updated are all NULL at the column position in question, then the dates will be blank.  If you are executing the query but the dates remain NULL, copy and paste the SQL statement into a reply here.

The date format is irrelevant BTW.  Values of date/time data type are stored as a 64 bit floating point number, whatever format is used.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Sunday, June 19, 2016 2:12 PM
  • Ken, thanks for expanding on my post

Best regards, George

Sunday, June 19, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Hi JuanPuig,

please try to provide your query so that we can try to look in that and can provide some suggestion.

you had just mention the issue but did not provide the details so it is more helpful to us to understand the issue if you try to provide query.

otherwise we just assume the situation and give suggestions on the base of that which is not accurate to solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 20, 2016 3:18 AM
  • Hi JuanPuig,

From your description its looks like you had made an mistake when you convert it in to an update query.

try to check and test your query again.

check the data you had passed in update query that you are trying to fetch from another query.

check that you got the data correctly.

also I recommend you to test your update query separately before you try to pass the data in it from another query.

Hope this solves your issue.

if you still have issue after performing the steps above please try to post your both queries and we will again try to help you to solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:44 AM
  • Deepak,

I protest! Ken Sheridan's competent reply should have been marked as answer, not your loosely composed copy of something you found in the drawer.

May I have the email to your superior? You are not behaving as a moderator should but give yourself credit for something you have no clue about.

Best regards, George

Monday, June 27, 2016 6:09 PM