LISTVIEW for the first time in a web form RRS feed

• Question

• User1816379506 posted

I have been attempting to create a listview for the first time in a Web Form.  I have read examples but no matter what I think they mean I can not get a listview with two (2) colums so I can have something to start with.  Could someone please send me the code to create a listview with two columns.  Column one DATE 10 bytes, colomn two DESCRIPTION 20 bytes.  From there I should be able to continue.  I would like to use my VB code to select certain entries from my database the display these entries in a listview.  I would like to have my VB code select the entries ( not all entries).

Thursday, December 4, 2014 4:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• User2103319870 posted

You can add a table with two column to itemtemplate property of listview like given below

<asp:ListView ID="ListView1" runat="server" GroupPlaceholderID="groupPlaceHolder1" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"
            ItemPlaceholderID="itemPlaceHolder1">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <table border="1" width="50%">
                    <tr>
                        <td style="width: 50%">
                            <asp:Label ID="LabelFN" runat="server" CssClass="Label" Text='<%#Eval("AddressID") %>' /><br />
                        </td>
                        <td style="width: 50%">
                            <asp:Label ID="LabelDOB" runat="server" CssClass="Label" Text='<%#Eval("AddressLine1") %>' /><br />
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
            </ItemTemplate>
            <LayoutTemplate>
                <table>
                    <asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="groupPlaceHolder1"></asp:PlaceHolder>
                    <table>
            </LayoutTemplate>
            <GroupTemplate>
                <tr>
                    <asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="itemPlaceHolder1"></asp:PlaceHolder>
                </tr>
            </GroupTemplate>
        </asp:ListView>
        <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:AdventureWorks2008R2ConnectionString %>"
            DataSourceMode="DataReader" SelectCommand="SELECT top 10 [AddressID], [AddressLine1], [AddressLine2] FROM Person.[Address]">
        </asp:SqlDataSource>

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:16 PM
  • User1816379506 posted

A2H, I have attempted to make the example that you sent work but was unable to.   This is my first listview in the Web appl area so I guess what I need to start with is a working set that I do not have to change so I can see how it work and I will copy and make changes as needed.  I guess what I am saying the example does not work as is.  I need a starter if anyone have one.

Monday, December 8, 2014 4:04 PM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi decal,

For your issue,i  suggest that you can try the tutorial which instruct how to create listview :

http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/Display-Show-data-in-ListView-from-database-in-ASPNet-using-C-and-VBNet.aspx

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 12:47 AM