How to set Header when restoring Background Downloads RRS feed

• Question

• Sometime ago I've made the same question on Stackoverflow, but the answer wasn't so satisfactory.

The question is:

'm trying to make some downloads using cookie authentication doing:

var downloader = new BackgroundDownloader();

downloader.SetRequestHeader("Cookie", "JSESSIONID=" + App.LoginGateway.JSESSIONID);

downloader.SetRequestHeader("Cookie", "JSESSIONID=" + App.LoginGateway.JSESSIONID);

Until here everything works perfectly, the problem begins when I try to restore my downloads and my JSESSIONID is expired

IReadOnlyList<DownloadOperation> downloads = null;

downloads = await BackgroundDownloader.GetCurrentDownloadsAsync();

I tried to find where could I set the request Header again but I was not capable. If I create a new BackgroundDownloader where could I set it for my download Operation?? Some Help is very appreciated

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:15 PM

Answers

• In what way was your previous answer unsatisfactory? You will get better answers if you explain what you have already done and how that was insufficient. Including a link to your previous question would help.

That said, you cannot modify the existing BackgroundOperation. You'd need to cancel and start a new one to change the properties.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Victor Laerte Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:43 PM

All replies

• In what way was your previous answer unsatisfactory? You will get better answers if you explain what you have already done and how that was insufficient. Including a link to your previous question would help.

That said, you cannot modify the existing BackgroundOperation. You'd need to cancel and start a new one to change the properties.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Victor Laerte Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:43 PM

--Rob

I tried to post a link, but couldn't. (No permission)

It was unsatisfactory because no one official link was given, so I didn't know if it was right.

Really I can't modify?? It's quite disappointing... It's so simple thing...

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:33 PM