none
'Time Separator' and 'Date Separator' combo-box are removed from "Regional and Language' Settings of Control Panel in R2 machine RRS feed

• Question

• Difference in GUI of Windows XP and Windows Server 2008 R2:

1. 'Time Separator' and 'Date Separator' combo-box are removed in Windows server 2008 R2 machine where as these combo-boxes are present in the Windows XP Operating system.

2. Two time formats are present in the Windows server 2008 R2 i.e. 'Short Time' and 'Long Time' where as in Windows XP, it had only one 'Time Format'.

Location: On Windows server 2008 R2 machine. Go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language-> Additional Settings. Click on 'Time Tab' or 'Date Tab'.

Problem: I have a 32 bit MFC application, it has the same controls which are present in the 'Regional and language options' of Windows XP. I am porting the same application into Windows Server 2008 R2. Here I found that the 'Time Separator' and 'Date Separator' Combo-boxes are not present, due to which my application is failing. Moreover, 'Time Formats' have been changed in R2 machine. Instead of one time format(in Windows XP) two time formats are there, 'Short Time' and 'Long Time' in Windows Server 2008 R2.

Can anybody please let me know:

1. Why 'Time Separator' and 'Date Separator' combo-box have been removed in Windows Server 2008 R2?

2. Why there are two time formats, 'Short time' and 'Long time' in R2 machine where as in Windows XP there was only one 'Time format' ?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:43 AM