Cannot create file share RRS feed

• Question

• I get the message:

Failed to create storage file share 'taco-test'. Error: This request is not authorized to perform this operation.

whenever I try to create a file share from any of my storage accounts.  What and I doing wrong?

Friday, December 20, 2019 4:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are your trying to create from storage explorer? Please check if you have latest version of it and also check you ID has enough permission to create.

-Malleswar

Friday, December 20, 2019 6:56 AM
  • May I know what kind of access level you have to the subscription? Is this happening to specific region? Sometime issue may occur due to browser.

May I know how you are creating the Azure file share(PS, Portal, CLI)? If possible share the screen shot the error message?

There are different ways of the creating the Azure File share, please refer to this article more information.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, December 20, 2019 9:37 AM
  • If your azure storage account is protected by an Azure Firewall, your IP address/source is not added as an exception to access/create resources on these storage accounts.

Also verify that you have the correct Contributor role if you are using RBAC to access the Fileshare.

Let me know if this helps.

Friday, December 20, 2019 11:09 PM
  • @jam0009 Just checking in to see if you have had a chance to see the previous response. Could you share the above required information to understand/investigate this issue further?

Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:47 AM