Creating Image from Memory Stream RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an image file loaded into memory as an array of byte[].  The image loaded contains several sub-images.  What I'd like to do is locate the image I want to display within the EXIF IFD tables and pass that pointer and size to a method that will create a BitmapImage from memory.  I've looked everywhere and can't find anything suitable for a Windows Store app.  Can this be done?

Thanks!

Ron

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:41 AM

Answers

• You can use the BitmapDecoder to decode an image; however it doesn't directly expose the EXIF IFD tables.

If you are using one of the supported multi-frame formats (see the BitmapDecoder docs) you can use it to decode multiple frames.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:15 AM

All replies

• You can use the BitmapDecoder to decode an image; however it doesn't directly expose the EXIF IFD tables.

If you are using one of the supported multi-frame formats (see the BitmapDecoder docs) you can use it to decode multiple frames.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:15 AM
  • BitmapDecoder can generally recognize TIFF images, but it's possible that not all options are supported. I'm not familiar with TIFF details. Can your image open in the Photos app?

--Rob

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:41 PM