none
Is Registration/De-Registration API in .Net Dll's/Assemblies available ? similar to DllRegisterServer() & DllUnRegisterServer() as in ATL-COM-domain. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My Application is been developed using multi-technology viz., C++ Win32 Dll, ATL-COM- Dll's & .Net Dll's(Assemblies),  and my task is involved with Registration of Dll's, I had modified the COM-Dll's using adding Interface/method and used "RegSvr32.exe \\path of dll\xyz.dll for Registration, and basically the COM -Dll was identified, using DllRegisterServer attribute. and used DoComRegistration() and DoComUnregistration() API's for Registration/De-Registration of COM-Dll's

Query:

I am also working on .Net Dll's/Assemblies, I need to know whether similar API's exist in .Net to effect Registration?

My understanding is if abc.dll needs to be registered in .Net domain.   <<GacUtils.exe /I abc.dll>> coincidentally installs & registers  the abc.dll in GacUtils path (%WinDir%/Assemblies) in the system. Is there any other mechanism to effect the same in .Net .i.e.., any API similar to DllRegisterServer() & DllUnRegisterServer() as exists in ATL-COM.

Since, I am new to .Net domain , I need to obtain more information on Dll's/Assemblies/tools and API's available in the .Net Platform. specifically to perform Registration/De-Registration of Dll's.

Also,  I had come to know .net dll's does not require Registration at all ? If it is untrue , Under what circumstances does such Dll's(.Net) require Registration/De-Registration, and what methodology/API exists to effect the same.

Details:

I am using VS2008 IDE, Windows 7 o/s and .NET Framework 3.5,

Any help in resolving the above would be much appreciable.

Thanks,

VishaK_90

Vishal_K89

• Edited by VishaK_90 Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:02 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:07 AM

Answers