Task Due date in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

we have an issue where we want some customization or possible turn around solution on SharePoint 2013. i want to know that if we are allocating any Task to any user then we have Start Date & Due Date in Task Form. Here what i want that automatically, after 2 Days, Due date column should be freezes/locked (No more changes in that). And if we want to change Due date then can only change 2 times & if we want to change again Due date as 3rd time then it should not allow to change at all & require some kind of approval from Management.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hello,

For the limited number of modification of the due date, I would use an event receiver on "itemupdating"  with this kind of logic

If (Properties.ListItem[«Due Date»] != Properties.AfterProperties[«Due Date»]) //modification of the date

check the number of modification, if less than 3 , increment the number and continue, if 3 set

Properties.AfterProperties[«Due Date»]) =Properties.ListItem[«Due Date»]

here some info about creating event recivers :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg252010(v=office.14).aspx (for 2010 but the same for 2013)

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    Why mark as answer?

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Regarding the 2 Days issues, you can do it with a synchronous event receiver [itemupdating].

What you have to do is:

• check if the creation date + 2 < now
    • set the afterproperties for DueDate to the beforeproperties value

Best Regards,
    Frederic

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the 2 Days issues, you can do it with a synchronous event receiver [itemupdating].

What you have to do is:

• check if the creation date + 2 < now
    • set the afterproperties for DueDate to the beforeproperties value

Best Regards,
    Frederic

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:40 AM
  • Hello,

For the limited number of modification of the due date, I would use an event receiver on "itemupdating"  with this kind of logic

If (Properties.ListItem[«Due Date»] != Properties.AfterProperties[«Due Date»]) //modification of the date

check the number of modification, if less than 3 , increment the number and continue, if 3 set

Properties.AfterProperties[«Due Date»]) =Properties.ListItem[«Due Date»]

here some info about creating event recivers :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg252010(v=office.14).aspx (for 2010 but the same for 2013)

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    Why mark as answer?

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks to all of you. Got solution.

Let me implement this & if still there will be any issue then will post it.

Thank you Fredric & Christopher :)

Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:45 AM