none
[newbie] can't find code map menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

Sorry for my question, it might be really trivial but I've just started with Visual Studio and I get lost easily :-)

I'm trying to access the code map feature, but I don't see the "show on Code Map" item in the right-click menu. [I cannot attach an image of my menu because I'm new on this forum, sorry]

I have VS 2012 Ultimate update 2, and I know that the Code Map is installed, because I have a "generate graph of included files" in my menu that will open a code map of the projects and the included source files, and also because it works in the debugger, and I can see the call stack on the code map, but there is no way I can have the code map on the code when I'm editing. 

Thank you, any help is appreciated!

Anna Chiara

• Moved by Elegentin Xie Monday, July 1, 2013 8:04 AM from Visual C++, to a more appropriate forum
    Friday, June 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I will move the thread to Visual Studio Visual lization &Modeling Tools forum.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Elegentin Xie
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 1, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Hi Anna,

You can get to the Show on Code Map item from the code editor here:

Esther Fan | Visual Studio, Content Lead | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and mark as Helpful. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:48 AM
  • Hi Esther,

thank you for you reply, unfortunately that's just my problem: I DON'T have those items in my right-click menu. My C++ right click menu looks like this... it's just different! But very, very different :-( 

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:55 AM
  • Ah, I see. Sadly, code maps work for C# and VB only.

Visualize and Understand Code with Code Maps in Visual Studio

Feel free to send feedback so the team knows you want to use code maps with C++.

Esther Fan | Visual Studio, Content Lead | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and mark as Helpful. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 5:17 PM
  • Ouch! Sad indeed, it looked awesome :-( And it would have made my life much easier, on a project that I did not write myself!

Anyway, thank you very much, at least this expalins it all :-I

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:37 PM