How to connect BLE devices to windows tablet

Question

• Hi ,

I am developing  windows store app(8.1). My app needs to connect to the bluetooth low energy device.So I found an article here .But when I installed 32feet.net and build it.It showing error

Error 1  Cannot find type System.Net.EndPoint in module System.dll. How can I solve this.I tried to connect the device without coding but it displaying an error message "Try adding again or check wiith the manufacturer for additional setup instructions".How can I connect to device. Please help me.

Thanks,

Alok

Monday, March 9, 2015 5:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can use the Bluetooth GATT API

Regards,
    Markus

Monday, March 9, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Hi Alok,

Well, since System.Net.EndPoint is not supported by Windows Store App, probably you have to find out whether 32feet.net support on Windows Store App.

As Markus told, Bluetooth API is what we need here, but a most important thing is you have to pair the Bluetooth device manually before you trying to connect them in the app.

Once you have the device paired, you can have the API to connect the device.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 13, 2015 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can use the Bluetooth GATT API

Regards,
    Markus

Monday, March 9, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the replay . I am new to this BLE concepts.Can you provide me a sample code that contains recognizing the device and pairing the device i.e I should pair the device using Code(C#) not by visiting bluetooth settings.Please help me.

Thanks,

Alok

• Edited by Alok varma Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:52 AM
  • Hi Alok,

Well, since System.Net.EndPoint is not supported by Windows Store App, probably you have to find out whether 32feet.net support on Windows Store App.

As Markus told, Bluetooth API is what we need here, but a most important thing is you have to pair the Bluetooth device manually before you trying to connect them in the app.

Once you have the device paired, you can have the API to connect the device.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 13, 2015 3:20 AM