none
Cannot Set Up Exchange Account in Windows 8/8.1 Mail App - Need to turn off SSL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

The office I work at is currently running an Exchange 2003 server for mail, and for reasons unknown, it isn't using an SSL certificate.  That will be changing some time in the near future, but as a result, I can't set up an email profile for this Exchange account on the Mail app.  On all the various phones I've had (I've used all 3 major mobile platforms), I've been able to uncheck "Use SSL" in the initial setup settings, or upon failure to connect to the mail server, save the profile I set up, and uncover more settings after saving that allowed me to turn off SSL.  This isn't the case for the Windows 8/8.1 Mail app.  I can't turn off SSL for Exchange in the initial setup part, and I upon failure to connect to the server, cannot save the mail profile.

Don't get me started on Outlook 2013...our server is too old for it and therefore incompatible, which somewhat unforgivingly bricks the program and requires a multi-step repair...

So is there any way to fix or get around this SSL setup issue (other than the obvious solution of our IT guys putting on an SSL certificate)?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have seen exchange 2003 not working well with the windows 8.1 mail app. generally you would install the cert from exchange 2003 on your pc and mail should work...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:29 AM