how to erase registry of trial or purchased app from computer or server

Question

• There's an app in the windows store already, and I need to make some tests for the application with the new update, but that app has already been downloaded as a TRIAL in the computer, so when I try to download the TRIAL version (updated) there's a message that says "this app has already been installed, you need to purchase the app".

The purchase or trial download was made with another user in the same computer (both in a local network with local accounts), and when trying to use a regular Microsoft account, the message appears.

There might be some registry of the action or download of the app in the computer, or is it saved somehow in the server? how can I erase the registry? is there a tool that might help?

Thanks.

• Edited by barrigon Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:20 PM
    Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Barrigon,

Did you uninstall the previous version then try to download the new version again?

I think it will normally resolve the problem.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 11, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Yes, we also tried to use the command that erases all the cache from the windows store but it didn't work anyway. Thanks
    Monday, February 11, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Hi Barrigon,

Sorry for the late response. I consulted some experts in this area and it doesn't seem to be a way to accomplish this.

It is adviced to use virtual machine if you would like to download your own App from the Store, so that you can wipe it anytime.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 15, 2013 2:22 AM