none
Technet Keys RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I had an active Technet subscription a while back.  I understand it is has expired.  But I still need to be able to access the keys which were allocated to me.  I used to be able to do this, even after they expired.

When I go to this website now, it just says no active subscriptions and doesn't display any of the older keys allocated to me.  I think this is the right place to post this question.  Please message me if you need account details.

Thanks,

Monday, July 10, 2017 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hello:

I had an active Technet subscription a while back.  I understand it is has expired.  But I still need to be able to access the keys which were allocated to me.  I used to be able to do this, even after they expired.

When I go to this website now, it just says no active subscriptions and doesn't display any of the older keys allocated to me.  I think this is the right place to post this question.  Please message me if you need account details.

Thanks,

Dear mdb80210,

Microsoft officially retired Technet Subscription on July 2013, though many users with Technet Subscription manage to access the website and download the products and generate keys. I will not be surprised to see that Technet website is redirecting to evaluation center. If you still have queries please contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Monday, July 10, 2017 6:28 PM
  • Thank-you.  Can you please be more specific as to who at Microsoft support to contact?  They have no idea what i am talking about and refer me around, until eventually, i end up here again.  i know this is not your fault.  But general Microsoft support completely clueless about this issue.
    Monday, July 10, 2017 6:39 PM
  • Thank-you.  Can you please be more specific as to who at Microsoft support to contact?  They have no idea what i am talking about and refer me around, until eventually, i end up here again.  i know this is not your fault.  But general Microsoft support completely clueless about this issue.

Can you please tell me whether what type of Technet subscription you have?

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:42 PM
  • Hello prathaprabhu,

I am also interested in this discussion since I am having the same issue as mdb80210.  The TechNet subscription I had purchased was TechNet Professional.

• Edited by RoyWarren Monday, July 10, 2017 8:29 PM
    Monday, July 10, 2017 8:29 PM
  • My old subscription was Technet Standard.  Again, i completely understand that Technet (as i had experienced it) is over.  But the keys that i was given should be accessible.  They were for years and this has only very recently changed.  If Microsoft no longer wants to make even those visible, i guess that is their right, but at least we should have been made aware of that before hand, so we could have made note of them before they completely disappear.

Thanks for your help in this.  i am very grateful you are responding and willing to assist.

Monday, July 10, 2017 8:48 PM

Can you please tell me whether what type of Technet subscription you have?

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Hello - can you please updates on this?  Thanks!
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:13 AM
  • @mdb80210 / RoyWarren,

If you have obtained Technet Subscription thought Volume Licensing as a Software Assurance benefit you may contact your VLSC Administrator since you have purchased Technet Standard and Pro Retail edition Please contact the Visual Studio Subscription support. 

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Though my answer would be "no" as the TechNet subscription is retired long time back and you have had chances to export your keys.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:14 AM
  • Thanks.  Can you please message me?  This forum is probably not the right place for back and forth, though to be honest, if we'd had any warning that the keys were to be removed, we would have exported them.  The technet retirement notice indicated our existing keys would still be available, and no additional notice was sent since then.  Anyways, if you could please message me, would be appreciated.  Thanks very much,
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:03 PM
  • Thanks.  Can you please message me?  This forum is probably not the right place for back and forth, though to be honest, if we'd had any warning that the keys were to be removed, we would have exported them.  The technet retirement notice indicated our existing keys would still be available, and no additional notice was sent since then.  Anyways, if you could please message me, would be appreciated.  Thanks very much,

Dear mdb80210,

I can't message you, if you wish to talk to me you can reach me out via Skype = prathaprabhu.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

• Marked as answer by mdb80210 Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:17 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by mdb80210 Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:17 AM
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:55 PM
  • I am unable to contact you on Skype.  Probably you are not viewable to everyone publicly. I appreciate what you are saying.  Can you please advise the specific Microsoft Department/Contacts I can reach out to regarding this?  It does no good for either of us to argue if you are entirely unable to grant this request, even assuming you agreed.

Thanks very much,

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:16 AM
  • I am unable to contact you on Skype.  Probably you are not viewable to everyone publicly. I appreciate what you are saying.  Can you please advise the specific Microsoft Department/Contacts I can reach out to regarding this?  It does no good for either of us to argue if you are entirely unable to grant this request, even assuming you agreed.

Thanks very much,

Please contact the Visual Studio Subscription support.

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback

• Proposed as answer by prathaprabhu Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:35 AM
  • Greetings Dear MS.

I don't mean to be rude, but the question is simple.

Where are the product Key we had listed in Technet (in my case pro)?

As mentioned int the first reply, "...though many users with Technet Subscription manage to access the website and download the products and generate keys..", we were able to simply to that, look for a product available under our subscription, download it and get the key. Those key remained listed there.

Pleas don't give us the run around with "what type of subscription, volume licensing or developer subscription" it was a simple concept for TechNet users (again, Login, look for product, get, key & key in list).

Once again, the question is simple were can I get my keys?

I get that we don't get to keep paying for it, nor be able to look for new products and key, but these previous licenses were our, paid for with our subscriptions.

Thank you,
    AM.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:16 AM
  • You were supposed to export the keys. If you didn't, you're SOL. And FYI, they were not "purchases"...they were licenses for you to test software with, NOTHING more, so do get righteous about it.
    Sunday, May 19, 2019 4:31 PM
  • Hey Lee, whilst that's true. With no warning the fact that we lost access to those test keys is a bit of bullshit. So step off your own high horse and come back down to society and realise the anti-consumer practice here. 

Thanks!
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:33 PM