SSRS Expressions, Font Colour Change RRS feed

• Question

• User976103969 posted

HI,

i am having some difficulty trying to get my text to change based on an expression / rule.

how can i do this based on my example from access:

=Switch (Fields!StatusSummary ="GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanges <Now()-42, "Red",

Fields!StatusSummary ="GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanged <Now()-21 And Fields!StatusLastChanges>Now()-42, "Amber",

Fields!StatusSummary ="GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanges>()-21, "Green" )

- this changes colour depending on the rule. red, amber and green.

how can i do this in SSRS?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:34 AM

Answers

• User-67082742 posted

Go to the font properties of the field you intend to change the color on and then write an expression on Color property of font :

= Switch( Fields!StatusSummary = "Giveback" and Fields!statusLastChanges < Date() - 42 , "Red",

Fields!StatusSummary = "Giveback" and Fields!statusLastChanges < Date() - 42 ,"Amber",

Fields!StatusSummary = "Giveback" and Fields!statusLastChanges < Date() - 42 ,"Green"

)

The switch expression works like " Switch( Condition1, Result1,

Condition2 , Result2,

...etc)

You might need to change the fields and add date conversion in above expression to work as you need.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• User-67082742 posted

Go to the font properties of the field you intend to change the color on and then write an expression on Color property of font :

= Switch( Fields!StatusSummary = "Giveback" and Fields!statusLastChanges < Date() - 42 , "Red",

Fields!StatusSummary = "Giveback" and Fields!statusLastChanges < Date() - 42 ,"Amber",

Fields!StatusSummary = "Giveback" and Fields!statusLastChanges < Date() - 42 ,"Green"

)

The switch expression works like " Switch( Condition1, Result1,

Condition2 , Result2,

...etc)

You might need to change the fields and add date conversion in above expression to work as you need.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 8:15 AM
  • User976103969 posted

Hi Abhi.ssrs, thank you for the reply.

switch looks like the way i need to go. the problems i am running into are changing Date to Today() or Now() and adding the -42.

=Switch (Fields!StatusSummary =

"GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanges <Now()-42, "Red",

Fields!StatusSummary =

"GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanged <Now()-21 And Fields!StatusLastChanges>Now()-42, "Amber",

Fields!StatusSummary =

"GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanges>()-21, "Green" )

Errors when i run the report

"The Color expression for the textrun 'StatusSummary.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' contains an error: [Bc30518]: overload resolution failed because no accessinle '=' can be called with rhese arguments"

- 42 gets me an error '-' not a valid expression and a syntax error for Today() and Now(), how could i fix these problems?

thank you

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:36 AM
  • User-67082742 posted

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response.

The adte operation can be handled like

=IIF(CDate("4/21/2012")< DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, - 40,Globals!ExecutionTime) , True,False)

In Your case try this as a switch  :

Switch(CStr(Fields!StatusSummary) ="GIVEBACK" And CDate(Fields!StatusLastChanges) < DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, - 42,Globals!ExecutionTime), "Red",

....)

Lemme know if this doesn't help

Monday, June 3, 2013 1:05 AM
  • User976103969 posted

Hi,

i have come back to this part of my project to try and get this working, is anybody able to shine some more light on how i can get this working?

Again  i need to to work like below: 

=Switch (Fields!StatusSummary ="GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanges <Now()-42, "Red",

Fields!StatusSummary ="GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanged <Now()-21 And Fields!StatusLastChanges>Now()-42, "Amber",

Fields!StatusSummary ="GIVEBACK" And Fields!StatusLastChanges>()-21, "Green" )

Thanks in advance!

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:28 AM