none
Other Methods of Skeleton Tracking? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I've been trying to setup skeleton tracking and been having difficulties.  Testing out the BodyBasic D2D demo produces a blank screen even if I hold the sensor close to me (I cannot get a skeleton to show up).  Are there other methods to get skeletal tracking operational?  I am using an Xbox One Kinect with the windows adapter running on a Windows 8.1 system.

Friday, May 1, 2015 8:49 PM

Answers

• What do you mean with "close to me"? Keep in mind, that if the sensor is initially too close, it will probably not recognize your body. I guess 2 meters should to the trick, then you can change your body distance to the sensor. The output of the BodyBasics demo is a black screen with your body drawed as ellipses and connecting lines, not sure if you knew this.

All the demos work with sensor, however I got an official Windows one. Is the color stream working? Try out Kinect Studio or a demo provided by the SDK browser.

Edit: You could also try out the Kinect Verifier Tool. It might be an USB problem.
    • Edited by Alexander_Krause Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:08 AM kinect verifiert
    • Proposed as answer by Alexander_Krause Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:39 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:40 PM
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:06 AM

All replies

• What do you mean with "close to me"? Keep in mind, that if the sensor is initially too close, it will probably not recognize your body. I guess 2 meters should to the trick, then you can change your body distance to the sensor. The output of the BodyBasics demo is a black screen with your body drawed as ellipses and connecting lines, not sure if you knew this.

All the demos work with sensor, however I got an official Windows one. Is the color stream working? Try out Kinect Studio or a demo provided by the SDK browser.

Edit: You could also try out the Kinect Verifier Tool. It might be an USB problem.
    • Edited by Alexander_Krause Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:08 AM kinect verifiert
    • Proposed as answer by Alexander_Krause Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:39 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:40 PM
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:06 AM
  • Hi Alex

The color stream does work.  I moved the sensor further away and skeleton tracking is working just fine now.  Now I can proceed with my project.  Close to me meant that I was holding the sensor at arms length and that was causing the issue

• Edited by manandwa Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:41 PM
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:40 PM
  • Close to me meant that I was holding the sensor at arms length and that was causing the issue

Nice one. Glad we figured that out.

Best regards and have fun

Alex

Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:42 PM