Cascading drop down list in InfoPath 2010 displaying the field ID number on the SharePoint and want the field title RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed parent-child drop down lists in InfoPath 2010.  The data source is in secondary tables.  The InfoPath form works great.  However, the 'parent' field in my SharePoint list displays the field's ID and not the title.  In InfoPath the drop down properites are value = d:ID and d:Display Name = d:Title.  I developed this from an article and it does not involve code.  Can you provide a workaround or another source that will help me set this up correctly?  Thank you
    Monday, August 1, 2011 1:36 AM

All replies

• 1. Open Drop down list box properties

2. Click on the box beside entries

3. Under Datafields, open the dropdown field, and select title.

if you have any dependency on Id, use filters to identify.

Bhanu Y Sagar
    Monday, August 1, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Thank you.  I still can't get it to work.  I'm really not sure how to accomplish the last step you mentioned 'use filters to identify dependency'.  Would you have a resouce you can point me to that shows how to set this up properly from the beginning.

Additional information:

main list

parent field: Departments (source is from a secondary list title = departments)

child field: Processes (source is from a secondary list department where title = process and department field is a lookup from the department list above)

Thank you

Monday, August 1, 2011 1:32 PM
  • You can reach me on bhanusagar@live.in or byandamuri@technobrainltd.com.

I cannot provide you any resources online here.

Bhanu Y Sagar
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue.

Thanks

Arnel
    Monday, August 29, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Ditto. Was there a resolution?
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:07 PM