Load testing the Data Services RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone suggest a simple way to load test DataServices? 
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:16 AM

Answers

• For automated testing, you can try use our client library. Run several of them across different PROCESSES (or better yet, different machines). There was a known issue in .net 3.5 where the HttpWebRequest stack can deadlock if you have too many requests going on per process.

This way you can easily control the type of queries you send, and be able to cover CRUD operations.

Regards,
    PQ

Peter Q. http://blogs.msdn.com/peter_qian
    • Marked as answer by Jif Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:56 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Can you explain more about what you mean by "Test DataServices". I'm not sure what a test dataservice is.

Thanks,
    Shayne
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:32 PM
  • I have an application that uses ADO.Net Data Services as a backend (hosted in IIS) that fronts an Entity Framework model and I would like to generate some transactions through it to see what level of service it can provide.

I would imagine that someone else has already thought to do this and has used some tool to generate the RESTful posts.  Any ideas which?

Thanks for your reponse.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:48 AM
  • For automated testing, you can try use our client library. Run several of them across different PROCESSES (or better yet, different machines). There was a known issue in .net 3.5 where the HttpWebRequest stack can deadlock if you have too many requests going on per process.

This way you can easily control the type of queries you send, and be able to cover CRUD operations.

Regards,
    PQ

Peter Q. http://blogs.msdn.com/peter_qian
    • Marked as answer by Jif Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:56 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Everyone 

I wrote a Automated Testing solution for testing and regressing as well as load testing of OData Services for my own project need and then generalized and thought to share may be it can help someone else too. You may want to have a look WCF Data Service (OData) Regression & Load Testing Tool

Ashwini

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:28 PM