XpsDocument Question RRS feed

• Question

• I'm still trying to figure all this out, so forgive me if my question is confusing.

I seem to be missing an assembly reference, but I can't seem to find it.

Namespace: System.Windows.Xps.Packaging
    Assembly: ReachFramework (in ReachFramework.dll)

Am I right that I need to add ReachFramework.dll as a Reference to access System.Windows.Xps.Packaging?

If so, is there a place I can download that dll?  I've searched my computer and can't find it.

~Christine

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:09 PM

Answers

• I believe that should already be on your machine. What platform and version are you targeting? (WPF, .Net 4.0).

For a WPF and .Net 4.0 app, when I pick add reference and look in the .NET tab, it is available there, with a path of:

c:\Progream files(x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\Profile\Client\ReachFramework.dll

One gotcha is that the list is not strictly alphabetical when it loads, once it finishes loading you can then sort it by name.

• Marked as answer by Christine L. _ Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:40 PM

All replies

• I believe that should already be on your machine. What platform and version are you targeting? (WPF, .Net 4.0).

For a WPF and .Net 4.0 app, when I pick add reference and look in the .NET tab, it is available there, with a path of:

c:\Progream files(x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\Profile\Client\ReachFramework.dll

One gotcha is that the list is not strictly alphabetical when it loads, once it finishes loading you can then sort it by name.

• Marked as answer by Christine L. _ Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:40 PM
  • I actually just hooked up my mirror drive from the computer I had lost and pulled it off of that.  I'm sure I'm still missing downloads to get my Expression/Visual Studio back to the way they were.

And yes WPF .Net 4.0.

And... I just searched the entire computer for ReachFramework.dll, but knowing me I screwed that up somehow. :) 

For future reference is there a central location I can go and download these dll's?

Anyways, Thanks Chuck!

~Christine

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Not that I know of, without knowing what installer it comes from. I'm not sure about that one, probably just part of the main VS installers.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:22 PM