What to do? RRS feed

• Question

• A little story:
                    -   I have on my computer 2 OS (Windows XP SP2 - with all the things: .NET Framework 2.0, Visual Basic Express Edition 2005, all updates and Windows XP SP2 - without .NET Framework and Visual Basic)

I maked a program in Visual Basic (ok...is running) but on the other OS (without .NET Framework) is not running.What I can do to make the program running on all computers without installing .NET?
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 7:47 AM

Answers

• hi,

i don't know what's the problem with .net frameworks, if you write a program using java your clients have tohave JVW, so its the same with .net framework your client have to have it

i don't know anything about Win32 programming, but what i know is that when you write a program  it take lots of time, .Net framework make things easier to you , you will find a great class library in your hand you can use it , will save you from lots  of work and bugs but on the other hand it has some disadvantages like your program will be a little bit slower, need extra resources , and the prerequests b4 you can run your program. so i can't tell you what you should do you have to balance what is your need, and what's much easier for you

i think .net frameworks will be embeded in the next versions of windows

hope this helps

Sunday, April 2, 2006 1:47 AM

All replies

• The error code on the OS without .NET is 0xc0000135
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 8:19 AM
  • Is necesary .NET or no?If is necesary I most return to the classic Win 32 Programing. :-(
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 8:20 AM
  • hi,

then you must return back to win32 programming? because your project will not run without .net framework to be running on your machine

hope this helps

Saturday, April 1, 2006 8:44 AM
  • thanks!!! But I wan't to now something.Windows Vista will include .NET?.NET will be the next programing model?
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 3:07 PM
  • But what is the best.  .NET vs Win32 Programing
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 4:33 PM
  • hi,

i don't know what's the problem with .net frameworks, if you write a program using java your clients have tohave JVW, so its the same with .net framework your client have to have it

i don't know anything about Win32 programming, but what i know is that when you write a program  it take lots of time, .Net framework make things easier to you , you will find a great class library in your hand you can use it , will save you from lots  of work and bugs but on the other hand it has some disadvantages like your program will be a little bit slower, need extra resources , and the prerequests b4 you can run your program. so i can't tell you what you should do you have to balance what is your need, and what's much easier for you

i think .net frameworks will be embeded in the next versions of windows

hope this helps

Sunday, April 2, 2006 1:47 AM