Storage Blobs and Azure site Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• I have been playing with Site Recovery and was able to build and configure it and started protecting VMs.  However, I see an enormous growth in my storage account I created for Azure to replicate to.  The Protection Group has a RPO threshold of 240 minutes, a Recovery Point Retention of 24 hours and a Application consistent Snapshot Frequency of 120 minutes.  Its only one VM ( a domain controller) that I am currently protecting.  In just over ½ a day I have 5000.04G in my blob container.  I am viewing it through Azure Storage Explorer.  The VM is thin provisioned and is around 25GB.  I see a bunch of 100G blobs, seemingly every 5 minutes.  I must be doing something wrong.  Would you have any insight into this?

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:18 PM

Answers

• fixed, it was pre-allocated storage I was seeing.  Actual billed storage was correct
    • Marked as answer by KACORP Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:47 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:47 PM

All replies

• I just refreshed storage explorer and it went from 100+ blobs @ 5000G down to 40 blobs at 2600G.  I guess I dont understand how it works.  I just started protecting the VM yesterday afternoon.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:22 PM
  • fixed, it was pre-allocated storage I was seeing.  Actual billed storage was correct
    • Marked as answer by KACORP Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:47 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:47 PM