STOP WITH THE STUPID PASSWORD RULES! RRS feed

• Question

• LOOK THIS IS MY E-mail and no one cares if I change my password. I like the password I had. I have had is since I joined hotmail in 1999 and NO ONE has hacked my account yet. I am not exchanging secrets of the us military. NO ONE CARES. It is SOOOO Annoying. SO here is what people do.Because you idiots insist that we have to change our passwords we save them somewhere because we can't keep track of all the rules and the last time we changed them. So this document now can fall into the hands of the wrong person.....THINK ABOUT YOU KNUCKLEHEADS!

Sunday, May 5, 2013 12:30 PM

All replies

• LOOK THIS IS MY E-mail and no one cares if I change my password. I like the password I had. I have had is since I joined hotmail in 1999 and NO ONE has hacked my account yet. I am not exchanging secrets of the us military. NO ONE CARES. It is SOOOO Annoying. SO here is what people do.Because you idiots insist that we have to change our passwords we save them somewhere because we can't keep track of all the rules and the last time we changed them. So this document now can fall into the hands of the wrong person.....THINK ABOUT YOU KNUCKLEHEADS!

I agree. I work for an agency where I NEED to protect the agency, my boss and other confidential information. My boss makes me change my password. OK. They pay me. MS, YOU ARE NOT MY BOSS, you DO NOT PAY ME!! The info I have in my (formerly Hotmail) email account is MINE! If I don't deem it necessary to change my password, guess what, it's MY PASSWORD!!!!!!!

It may be time to go away from MS. Maybe, Yahoo, Gmail, or some other free, non-intrusive email provider.

Sunday, May 5, 2013 1:36 PM

I completely agree!!!!!

I absolutely cannot believe this nonsense!! Same as the original poster, I've had my hotmail account since the late 90's and NEVER have I been hacked. Not once!!  So about fifteen minutes ago I log into my hotmail on MY desktop computer upstairs, then log off and head downstairs to log into it on MY laptop as I always do, and all of a sudden I need to change my password?!?! Excuse me???

So every bloody time I need to go from my laptop to my desktop comp I'm going to have to change my password from now on?!?!  And then what - after so many password changes it'll red-flag as suspicious and you'll lock ME out of MY own bloody account that I've used for over fifteen years?!?!?!!!  The WHOLE BLOODY POINT to hotmail, at least way back when, was so you COULD access it from anywhere at any computer!!!!!!  Whatever it is you've just done for your stupid "security measures", UNDO it!!!  MY CONVENIENCE (which is what hotmail was all about) should not have to suffer for someone else's paranoia or technical stupidity.

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:53 PM