Error C1260 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've just installed Visual Studio 2017, but I get this error when trying to run code analysis on my C++ projects:

fatal error C1260: The plugins 'PREfast espX buffer-access analysis defect module' and 'PREfast espX buffer-access analysis defect module' share the same id. It is not supported to load the same plugin twice.

Please help... do I need to remove a plugin? How?

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:16 AM

Answers

• In my project directory there was a folder "\packages\Microsoft.CppCoreCheck.14.0.24210.1". It worked after I deleted it.
    • Marked as answer by Williamsson Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:52 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

maybe you should try the latest VS Version.

Look for Downloads here:

https://www.visualstudio.com/visual-studio-pre-release-downloads/

HTH, Guido 

Friday, April 28, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Hi,

The only pre-release I can find is for Mac, but I'm using Windows.

I think I'm already running the latest version. It says "Version 15.1 (26403.7) Release".
    Friday, April 28, 2017 2:03 PM
  • This, perhaps:

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/preview/

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:22 PM
  • Hi Williamsson,

thanks for posting here.

>>fatal error C1260: The plugins 'PREfast espX buffer-access analysis defect module' and 'PREfast espX buffer-access analysis defect module' share the same id. It is not supported to load the same plugin twice.

Sorry that I can't reproduce your problem.

Please try to reinstall your vs2017 to the latest version and try again.

If it still couldn't work, please connect to Microsoft and post this issue on it.

Hope this could be help of you.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:18 AM
  • In my project directory there was a folder "\packages\Microsoft.CppCoreCheck.14.0.24210.1". It worked after I deleted it.
    • Marked as answer by Williamsson Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:52 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:52 PM
  • I met the same problem.

One project build successfully with "Enable Code Analysis on Build" on, the other project failed to build with the same error.

Friday, August 10, 2018 8:54 AM
  • I met the same problem.

One project build successfully with "Enable Code Analysis on Build" on, the other project failed to build with the same error.

Hello,

you should open a new post because not many people will look into a solved case. And give more Information. Did you try to solve your problem the same way as desribed here?

Regards, Guido

Friday, August 10, 2018 9:30 AM