none
VS Tooling, cannot open logic app with cloud explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I get an error in a message box in Visual studio when trying open a logic app with Cloud Explorer with Open in LogicApp editor:

"Unable to authenticate user for Logic App:" ...

I am using live account for signing in visual studio and I do have sufficient rights to the subscription with that account. I did not have this problem two weeks ago and nothing has changed with my account. Has a Logic App release in Azure broken something or is this an issue just on my computer?

I am using the following versions:

- Visual Studio 2017 15.3.0 Preview 6.0, 4.7.02046

- Azure Logic Apps Tools 2.11.2

- Cloud Explorer 1.1.1706.273

I am aware that I am using a preview version of Visual Studio, but I don't think it's a Visual Studio issue since everything was working earlier. 

• Edited by maakku Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:40 AM

Answers

• I made a fresh installation of VS2017 (not preview) and got this to work again. Maybe this was a Visual Studio related issue after all...
    • Marked as answer by maakku Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:50 PM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:50 PM

All replies

• I made a fresh installation of VS2017 (not preview) and got this to work again. Maybe this was a Visual Studio related issue after all...
    • Marked as answer by maakku Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:50 PM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi maakku

I have the same problem as you did experience. Thanks for the tips !

A little bit sad though. There are some new features in the 2017 preview that I want to use connected to Azure functions. But maybe I can do a side by side installation.

//Nikbra

Monday, August 7, 2017 9:10 AM
  • Hey I created a VS 2017 VM from the gallery and tried this out too. Be sure to run the VS updates before trying to browse the logic apps. I noticed there were a lot of updates to VS since the last VM image was updated. This might help you. 

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:39 PM